What a night! I was having regular contractions for a good part of the day, which of course made me very excited. Around 7:30, my contractions got very regular (between 4-6 mins) and started to intensify. Around 9:30 or so I called my doula and our doctor to let them know, and was told if the length between then shortened and stayed regular and/or they continued to intensify then to go to the hospital for observation. At around 10:30 or so, my contractions started to come every 2-3 minutes, so we headed to our hospital for observation.
When we arrived, the nurse took my vitals and hooked me up to a monitor. Sure enough I was having very regular contractions, but after a couple hours, they weren’t progressing. Our doctor examined me, and I was 3cm dilated, so she offered to speed things up with pitocin or send us home to wait for labor to progress. I decided that going home and waiting was the best option. Tomorrow, we have another doctor’s appointment to discuss next steps. I am would definitely prefer to avoid induction, but also want to make sure we do what is best for Baby W.
More news to come tomorrow 🙂
Hugs and baby dust!