Update and Catching up – getting to know me :-)
I spoke to my Dr earlier today, and he said my numbers look great and I am progressing perfectly! I was thrilled to hear such wonderful news :-). He said to continue with the same dosage of Gonal-F and Menopur as well as to add the antagonist to make sure I don’t ovulate too soon. I am heading back for another ultrasound on Sunday morning to see how my follies are growing. If they are progressing as expected, then my retrieval could be as early as Tuesday! Grow, follicles, grow!
DAY 8: If an observant stranger were to walk into your house, what clues could lead them to believe that you have struggled with fertility?
I don’t think someone would have to be that observant to know we are struggling with fertility. First, there are the IVF drugs in our fridge and on our dining room table as well as the sharps receptacle. I also have many fertility vitamins in my kitchen – my prenatals, OPC powder, fish oil, and CoQ10. Beyond that, I have my fertility, gluten-free, and vegan cookbooks as well as many books about fertility and improving my reproductive health on our bookshelf. Yep, our fertility challenges are pretty obvious.
DAY 9: If you won the lottery what would you blow your money on (after charity and bills, of course)? List 10 things you would buy or spend money on.
1. Buy our parents homes in the south of France 🙂
2. Pay off my friends’ school loans, mortgages, and bills
3. Take our families and close friends on a fabulous beach vacation!
4. Buy a new victorian house with a beautiful kitchen, a great backyard, and a wrap-around porch. I would also decorate the house and have the yard landscaped
5. Take all my girl friends for a makeover and a day of shopping
6. Start a non-profit 🙂
7. Travel everywhere – Alaska, Africa, Australia, etc.
8. Buy hubby a Porsche!
9. Adopt a few more puppies
10. Fix up our house (new kitchen, new furniture, etc) and then donate it to a deserving family