Day 35 – A little impatient…
Today’s intention is to go for a nice walk outside with my dog 🙂
Today, I feel a little impatient. I had my first hormone check this morning, and now I have to wait until the doctor calls to know how well the meds are working. I thought that I would also have an ultrasound this morning, but I have to wait until Wednesday to see how well my follicles are growing. I know that something is going on because I can feel my ovaries working, have a slight headache, and am exhausted, which is all good news and points to magical egg cooking going on behind the skin. Yay! Thankfully, my doctor always calls by about 3pm, but I always wish that the results were instantaneous. It would save me from thinking about it until he calls.
Tonight, we are going to a baseball game with a group of friends. It’s about an hour drive from our house, so I am going to bring my meds and take the injection in the car – now that will be interesting. I had a dream last night that I was arrested for taking the injection in my car because the police office thought I was doing something illegal. I actually woke up laughing at myself :). Part of me wants to just stay home to take my shot and rest, but we go to a game between these teams every year and I love baseball as well as spending time with our friends — it will all be worth it!
I am grateful for great friends and family; my loving hubby; IVF; egg cookers injections; my health; spending time with friends and family; and, excellent nurses and doctors.
DAY 5: List 15 facts about yourself.
1. I am a twin, and my twin brother is 27-minutes older than me.
2. I was an all-american softball player in HS and in college.
3. I love cooking shows, especially Top Chef and Chopped.
4. I don’t eat meat, pork, or poultry and rarely eat dairy.
5. I love travelling with my hubby, especially to other cultures.
6. I went to an Ivy League University.
7. I love History!
8. I am a huge sports fan — Go Broncos!!! And, Go Cubs!!!
9. I love dogs, especially my puggle Kahli!
10. My hubby taught me how to play golf. We have a lot of fun playing, but he still beats me every time :).
11. I love sashimi — especially tuna, scallop, and salmon!
12. I love working out — I completed p90x and started Insanity before IVF. After we have our baby, I can’t wait to go back to intense workout programs!
13. I am competitive, but always play fair.
14. Although I rarely eat dairy, I love really good ice cream! My favorite flavor is chocolate with peanut butter – yummy!
15. I met my hubby when he asked me for directions on a train platform on our commute home from work.
I love and accept myself!